The online portal dedicated to providing mums and mums-to-be with must have clothing and accessories is a hub of ideas and inspiration. Brimming with unique fashion forward finds, The Bshirt joins leading brands and will be available from April 2018.
Stylish and empowering, The Bshirt can be worn on its own or as a vest top under clothes, to help make breastfeeding even more fashionable. Co-founded by two Devon based mumpreneurs, the Bshirt ‘Lift the Flap’ range of breastfeeding tops are all made from organic cotton, feeling super soft and easy to wear.
Co-founders Lisa and Philippa commented ahead of the launch: “We are huge fans of NINERY and are thrilled about the first Bshirt collection launching on the site this spring. The Bshirt is so much more than just a top, helping new mums to breastfeed with confidence by empowering women to breastfeed wearing their favourite fashions. The launch is an exciting step for us to be able share our breastfeed with confidence message with even more mums.”
NINERY founder, Penny Harrison said: "I am so thrilled that our customers can now find the Bshirt collection for sale at NINERY. I've been keen to work with Philippa and Lisa right from the beginning as their brilliant Lift the Flap top is exactly the kind of product I had in mind when creating the concept of my marketplace site.”
Penny continued: “I am passionate about bringing together lots of independent, stylish brands for mums and mums-to-be all at one contemporary shopping site, so women don't have to spend hours trawling online. I hope that as many mums as possible can discover exciting breastfeeding fashion options at NINERY and we're really proud that the Bshirt is joining us on our journey."
A social venture launched in March 2017, Bshirt co-founders Lisa and Philippa are passionate about improving breastfeeding rates in the UK and enabling women to breastfeed confidently for as long as they wish. The UK currently has some of the worst breastfeeding rates in the world and both the NHS and Unicef list embarrassment at feeding in public as a major barrier to breastfeeding.
The Bshirt has seen amazing results from customer surveys, with 83% of saying they feel more confident feeding in front of others while wearing their Bshirts. The team is also thrilled to have just been announced as a Gold winner in the MadeForMums Awards 2018, within the Breastfeeding accessory category.
Browse the full range available and find your perfect outfit pairings for any occasion this season, ninerystore.com. To find out more information on The Bshirt and wider collection, visit www.thebshirt.co.uk.
Bshirt, Lift the Flap, £25.39 (Two for £41.39) including delivery
Available in sizes 8 – 18
Colours - white/ black/ grey/ navy / plum
Notes to Editors –
About The Bshirt…
- The Bshirt is a social venture founded by two mumpreneurs with many years of breastfeeding experience between them. Leading the way to improve new mums’ confidence and help to make breastfeeding even more accessible - literally - friends and founders Phillipa Doyle and Lisa Lessware officially launched The Bshirt in March 2017.
- Co-Founder Lisa initially had the idea for The Bshirt after giving birth to her son. As she struggled to find easy to wear clothes for breastfeeding from her own wardrobe, keen crafter Lisa set out to tailor her own breastfeeding vest which would enable her to continue to wear both long and short sleeved tops. Following numerous requests for the same design from family and friends (Phillipa being one of the first) - the first Bshirt was born.
- After working to refine the design based on customer feedback from mums, the new brand is already gaining global interest.
- The UK currently has one of the lowest breastfeeding rates in the world and the NHS and UNICEF both list embarrassment as a key barrier to breastfeeding. The Bshirt is designed to improve confidence while breastfeeding.
- Available to buy online and with independent stockists, collections also include necklaces and breast pads. Profits from the sale of the Bshirt will be donated to established UK charities that support breastfeeding women. www.thebshirt.clothing
- GOLD winner for MadeForMums Awards 2018, Breastfeeding accessory
- GOLD (first prize) with Best Baby and Toddler Gear 2017 for Best Breastfeeding Clothing Brand
- Platinum (first prize) with Loved By Parents 2017 for Best Feeding Top
- Finalists for MadeforMums Awards 2017, Breastfeeding Accessory
For further information about The Bshirt, or to arrange interview time with Co-Founders Philippa or Lisa, please contact:
Laura Quick – email@example.com / 07807809119
Check out our new breastfeeding tips section on topics such as the benefits of breastfeeding.
Find out how much easier it is to breastfeed confidently in public with the Bshirt compared to using a breastfeeding cover.
Ethical & Organic
We use only GOTS Certified Organic and responsibly sourced cotton in the manufacture of Bshirt products. This means that there is no use of harmful chemicals, pesticides and dyes. Choosing to buy organic clothing is good for you, your baby and the environment. You can read about our Ethical Fashion Principles here.